Wednesday 8 January 2014

Monty


An extra special boy, looking for an extra special home...





Breed: Alaskan Malamute cross
Gender: Male
Age : 4 months
Colour : Black with grey socks
I Like: Playing with my toys

My name is Monty and I’ve been told that I’ve stolen the hearts of all the staff at Dogs Trust.

I think they just love me a little bit more because I require extra special care. I suffer from a condition called megaesophagus.  When the oesophagus (food pipe) is functioning properly, food moves from the mouth to the stomach within seconds. In megaesophagus, there are issues with nerve and muscle functioning, as a result the food does not always reach my stomach. Food can build up causing me to regurgitate, it’s quite serious as it can lead to a lack of nutrients and aspiration pneumonia, which can have fatal consequences.

The vets have explained everything to me and unfortunately there’s nothing they can do, other than help me to manage my condition.

It’s been a bit scary but the staff have designed an amazing high chair so I can stand and eat from a tray in front of me. As soon as I see it, I know it’s time to eat! What’s even better is that I have to be held upright for 20 minutes after eating, which means lots of extra cuddles from the canine carers!

Monty's special box!


Despite my eating concerns I’m a really a happy puppy and I enjoy all the usual stuff like playing fetch and getting up to mischief! I need a dedicated owner with the patience and confidence to undertake a special needs dog and in return I promise to be a loyal and loving best friend!

If you think you can offer Monty the dedicated home he needs and deserves, please get in touch! You can call the centre on 01 879 1000 or pop in and say hi! Our address is:
Dogs Trust
Ashbourne Road
Finglas
Dublin 11




1 comment:

  1. There is a great support group on facebook and yahoo to help owner of dogs with mega esophagus world wide.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are pre-moderated to avoid spam. We will endeavour to post your message as soon as possible; however, please be patient if it does not appear soon. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.